BNCN both lead and partner on a variety of projects and initiatives which form part of delivering our overall strategic ambition for Circus Arts in the Baltic and Nordic Region.
Between 2017-2019 all our projects are directed by our creative development initiative Cornerstones working to increase sustainability within contemporary circus in the Baltic and Nordic region
- Perspectives on developing circus pedagogy in the Baltic and Nordic Region 2018-2019
- Nordic Perspectives on circus pedagogy
- Development of BNCN Shorts video library of talks to inspire positive action
(Contact coordinator for more information)
2018-2019 BNCN Partner Projects:
- Communications partner for NuoraNORD project Coordinated by CircusInfo Finland. Project to increase international networking and producing capacity of circus companies from Sweden, Finland, Latvia and Lithuania wishing to become established.
- DynamoDrones (working-title) developing circus and drone technology with DynamoWorkspace in Odense.
Co-presented with Subtopia as part of official programme of Subcase:
Seminar: Circus as Outsider
Cirkör House, Tuesday 14 November 15.30-16.30
As contemporary circus grows as an artform and becomes increasingly diverse, there is also an increase in the number of debates and ideas around inclusivity and exclusivity in relation to circus. When we “run away with the circus” what do we leave behind? When art is made ‘”for everyone”, who does it refer to? Can outsiders mobilise change?
Baltic Nordic Circus Network invites you to the seminar ”Circus as Outsider” which explores the concept of inclusiveness and exclusiveness approached from vastly different angles.
Key speakers: Vicki Amedume (United Kingdom) and Ivan Kralj (Croatia)
With introduction from coordinator Lina B. Frank
BALTIC NORDIC CIRCUS NETWORK: PARTY!! (MINGLE & DRINKS)
Wednesday 15 November 20.00-01.00
Södra Teatern Bar
Baltic Nordic Circus Network invites the Subcase participants to an evening mingle in the beautiful Södra Teatern Bar. If you are hungry, we warmly recommend having dinner in the Södra Teatern restaurant.
Ongoing lobbying within the Baltic and Nordic countries or national and regional level as well as pushing the Baltic and Nordic perspectives on European level.
BNCN is part of the advocacy group of Circostrada network working on the public policy seminars as part of Fresh Circus in Bruxelles 12-13th of March 2018.
Keep an eye on our list of upcoming events on the homepage and SIGN UP to the BNCN Quarterly Mailinglist for news and invitations to workshops and seminars