Currently there are 17 member organisations across the Baltic and Nordic region. These are organisations that work towards the development of contemporary circus beyond their own interest. They bring resources, knowledge and experiences to the table which can be useful in creating collaborative projects for all.
Consideration for new membership is currently open.
If you are interested in becoming a member:
- Read the short mission statement and membership criteria below
- Email info(a)balticnordiccircus.com and talk to our coordinator Lina B. Frank
- Fill in Application form
The role of the BNCN is to offer opportunities for:
- ADVOCACY – on a regional level
- SHARING – of ideas and practice
- EDUCATION/LEARNING – including professional development
In order to:
- BRING ABOUT GREATER VISIBILITY & RECOGNITION FOR CONTEMPORARY CIRCUS IN THE NORDIC AND BALTIC REGION
- STRENGTHEN THE CIRCUS COMMUNITY ACROSS THE REGION
The networks 4 core values are: Trust, strength, openness and passion/joy
Membership criteria BNCN 2020 onwards…
There are two types of membership:
- Organisational members (incorporated registered organisations)
- Communities members (unincorporated groups)
Types of eligible organisations/members:
- Circus Organisation/Institution (including Festival, Schools, Association etc)
- Community and network group
- Currently no set limits in numbers/amounts of any type of member.
- Striving for equal representation from each country
- Limit of intake is relative to capacity of coordinator
Conditions of organisations/groups and those individuals representing:
- Not-for-profit mentality – shared values which new members expected to commit to
- Feel invested in circus as an art form
- Based in one of the 8 Baltic-Nordic countries
- Organisation and individual works towards the development of contemporary circus beyond own interest (to avoid conflict of interest)
Members are expected to…
- Attend minimum one of two regular meetings per year
- Share information of your activities at the meetings and in between
- Participate in the facebook member group
- Participate in a working group
- Sharing resources (give and take)
- There are no membership fees set for 2020 how ever members are expected to self-fund their participation and travel when needed. Limited amounts of travel bursaries are available.
How do you become member?
- Fill in the application form as well as contact the coordinator of your interest to join.
- If you are eligible and there is capacity to take your organisation/group into the network you will be invited to a network meeting to make a presentation. After which the members will vote.
Can you lose your membership?
- Yes, if you are not active
- Yes, if you intentionally directly work against the networks aims
LINK TO APPLICATION FORM -coming soon