PAGE UNDER DEVELOPMENT
BNCN both lead and partner on a variety of projects and initiatives which form part of delivering our overall strategic ambition for Circus Arts in the Baltic-Nordic region.
A new strategy for 2020-2022 in currently being revised including the new Nordic projects Rigorous Practise, New Horizon’s Leadership Programme, ARTiculate Circus Education and EU Project, Circus Link in collaboration with Archaos & BIAC in Marseille, Letni Letna in Czeck and Didascalia in Portugal.
Strategy: CORNERSTONES 2017-2019
During 2017-2019 all our projects were directed by our strategy Cornerstones working to increase sustainability within contemporary circus in the Baltic and Nordic region focusing on capacity building through education and production.
- Riga ICCE – International Conference on Circus Education (April 2018)
- ARTiculate Circus (2018-2020) Education workshops to explore Circus Education/Pedagogy’s relationship with artistic thinking
- Rigorous Practise (2019-2020) – A transnational cooperation project focused on capacity-building to practically facilitate circus arts to be presented and co-produced under increased awareness of rigging, contracting and safety practises.
2017-2019 BNCN Partner Projects:
- Co-presented Seminar: Circus as Outsider with Subtopia as part of official programme of Subcase 2017
- Co-presented Baltic Nordic Circus Network Mingle and Drinks with Subtopia at Södra Teatern, Stockholm, as part of Subcase 2017.
- Communications partner for NuoraNORD project Coordinated by CircusInfo Finland. Project to increase international networking and producing capacity of circus companies from Sweden, Finland, Latvia and Lithuania wishing to become established.
- DynamoDrones (working-title) developing circus and drone technology with DynamoWorkspace in Odense.
- Karavan and BNCN International Residency Programme 2019 – offering residency to Baltic-Nordic artists at Karavan in Malmö, Sweden. Hosting one month residency to an artistic company based in/from the Nordic and Baltic countries.
Ongoing lobbying within the Baltic and Nordic countries or national and regional level as well as pushing the Baltic and Nordic perspectives on European level.
BNCN is part of the advocacy group of Circostrada network working on the public policy seminars as part of Fresh Circus in Bruxelles 12-13th of March 2018 and Ireland May 2019.
Keep an eye on our list of upcoming events on the homepage and SIGN UP to the BNCN Quarterly Mailinglist for news and invitations to workshops and seminars
Outside of our projects our coordinator regularly talks and hosts seminars at festivals and conferences about the network and about contemporary circus in the Baltic Nordic region.
Our projects are funded by
as well as a host of partners, supporters and funders via our members.