The application for participating NHLP as an emerging leader is now closed and soon we will publish the participants in the program!
We are looking for emerging professionals of any age (see criteria below) who want to take a leading role in shaping the future of contemporary circus in the Baltic Nordic region in the future.
Participants will go through a programme to reflect and discover their capabilities as a leader based on theory, values and observation.
From September 2020 – May 2021 the NHLP cohort of emerging leaders will work with a toolkit, attend seminars and preparatory workshops, read, write, reflect, discuss (online), each carry out a 3 week experience in another country. In May 2021 emerging leaders will also participate in a forum with Baltic Nordic Circus Network as well as international peers and cultural managers to share about their reflections, experiences and ambitions.
Each emerging leader will receive a bursary of €1000 to cover all travel and related costs.
– Please read instructions on this page in full before applying.
– Please read the eligibility criteria on this page.
– Deadline for applications is 8th of August 2020.
– Deadline has been extended to 14th of August for participants from Denmark, Russia, Estonia and Sweden.
You should find all info you need here. If you miss any information or anything does not make sense please don’t hesitate to get in contact.
(+46) 738 708262
To participate in NHLP you need to:
- Be based in a Baltic-Nordic country or Russia
- Speak English and/or a Scandinavian language
- Be under the age or 30 and working in contemporary circus OR be over 30 and not work in contemporary circus, but in performing arts.
- Be available for a 3 week experience in another country between Oct 2020 – March 2021
- Be available for a training session 22nd-23rd of September
- Participate in a public forum May 2021 – dates TBA
- Be passionate about the future of contemporary circus
Instructions for applying
In the application form you will be asked to answer a few short questions and to make a short video presentation of yourself. We ask for the video in order to have a chance to get to know you and not only rely on the written word.
The more info you give us the easier it is for us to match you with a great experience!
You can film the video on your phone/computer/camera as you like, there are not technical requirements apart from making sure we can hear and see you clearly. You will need to upload the video in the cloud and link it in the application. If you have access needs that mean you feel you can not create AV material please get in touch and we will arrange an alternative solution.
Hosting and Coordinating organisations will be involved in the selection of applicants. Please make sure we will try to match you with an organisation where we feel your experience will facilitate your ambition. In the application form you will be asked to state your top 3 places where you are excited in going for your experience, so please make sure you have discovered the hosting organisations in order to make your choice.
In the eligibility criteria we state that you need to be 30 or under and already work in circus, but that you can also be over 30 and work in performing arts. This is because we are looking for emerging leaders in the art form. The majority of places will go to young leaders, but we have a few places for those with already considerable experience who want to transition to work in circus in a leading capacity. Make sure you include which group you belong to in your application.
In the video you should make sure to cover – in a clear and concise manner:
– Tell us about yourself, who are you? where do you come from? what are you up to at present?
– Why are you applying? What is your expectation of yourself on this programme?
– What is you ambition? How do you see contemporary circus in the Baltic Nordic region and Russia in the future?
BNCN welcomes diversity.
We can’t wait to hear from you!